About Our Building Insulation
Supplies are limited at the present time, so we are only displaying what we can reasonably obtain, and some items may be on extended lead times compared to normal
What is Building Insulation?
Building insulation is any object in a building used as insulation for any purpose. While the majority of insulation in buildings is for thermal purposes, the term also applies to acoustic insulation, fire insulation, and impact insulation.
What Building Insulation does Champion Timber offer?
We offer a wide range of insulation products from leading manufacturers that include:
- PIR boards - A multi-purpose insulation board made up of rigid polyisocyanurate (PIR) modified polyurethane foam blended with hydrocarbon blowing agents yielding a board with zero Ozone Depletion Potential. The foam is faced with reflective foil both sides as a vapour barrier.
• easily cut with a knife or saw
• lightweight adding no load to the structure
• has nearly twice the thermal efficiency compared to normal insulation, therefore space saving
• stable, strong, durable and rot proof
• achieves Class 1 Surface Spread of Flame
• manufacturing process complies with legislation to reduce Global Warming
• loft conversions
• pitched roof in between and under rafters
• lining of timber frame and masonry walls
• floor insulation
- Lightweight multi layer - Designed to ensure the continuous insulation, weather and air-tightness of roofs and ridges
• across-rafter multi-foil insulation for new build, extensions, conversion and refurbishment work, etc
• minimises thermal bridging around roof windows
• no need for a vapour barrier
• space saving element particularly lends itself to loft conversions
• durable and tear resistant yet cuts easily with scissors
• no irritant dust or fibres when cutting and installing
• Class 1 surface spread of flame (Superquilt)
• CE/CPD compliant as 'fit for purpose'
- Loft roll and slabs - Manufactured from molten volcanic rock, and is:
• Fire resistant – Euro Class A1
• Water repellent
• Chemically inert
• Rot and vermin proof
• Lightweight, easy to use and maintenance free
• Will not sag or slump over time
• Breathes so will not trap moisture
• Ideal for uses requiring thermal insulation and sound absorption
• Ideal for roof spaces in domestic, commercial and industrial buildings
• Slabs are denser and more thermally efficient, and ideal for fitting between 600mm centre rafters
The range is further enhanced with roof deck and expanded polystyrene products, and of course all the required fixings, tapes etc with large stocks and of course free delivery in the local area.