About Our Standard MDF Sheets
MDF or Medium density fibreboard is a man-made wood that is free from natural defects. It is manufactured by pressing wood fibres from natural woods together at extremely high temperatures. The wood fibres are bonded together by urea-formaldehyde, although our boards contain lower elements of this.
It has a smooth sanded surface and a precision finish. MDF material is very versatile and suitable for a wide number of internal uses such as internal joinery, panelling, boxing in, furniture, shelving, modelling, shop fittings, and architectural mouldings. We only stock British-made PRO MDF in a range of thicknesses, and some are also available in handy panel sizes (cut to size).
Why choose MDF for your project?
Medium-density fibreboard (MDF) is easy to drill and less likely to splinter or chip than other sheet materials such as particle board. Working with MDF panels is made easier by the different types of MDF available, such as fire retardent and moisture-resistant sheets, click here to view the range of FR and MR MDF Sheets.
Manufactured from high-quality wood fibres, dry-bonded with synthetic resins then compressed at high frequency. A very versatile panel, with a wide variety of uses from general construction to furniture.
- Higher density board than standard boards
- Superior screw and fastener holding compared to standard boards
- Smooth surface and edges for improved high-quality finishing
- Ideal for paint, veneer or foils
- Ideal for edge profiling
- Easy to drill, shape and routes cleanly and easily, without splintering or chipping
- Cuts to a crisp clean smooth edge, reducing breakout
- Suitable for use with all woodworking tools
- Moisture resistant version (MR) is ideal for use in areas of high humidity