About Our Standard MDF Sheets
What is MDF?
MDF or Medium-density fibreboard is a man-made wood that is free from natural defects. It has a smooth sanded surface and precision finish. MDF is very versatile and suitable for a wide number of internal uses such as internal joinery, panelling, boxing in, furniture, shelving, modelling, shop fittings, and architectural mouldings. We only stock British made PRO MDF in a range of thicknesses, and some are also available in handy panel sizes.
Manufactured from high-quality wood fibres, dry-bonded with synthetic resins then compressed at high frequency. A very versatile panel, a wide variety of uses from general construction to furniture.
• Higher density board than standard boards
• Superior screw and fastener holding compared to standard boards
• Smoother surfaces and edges for improved high-quality finishing
• Ideal for paint, veneer or foils
• Ideal for edge profiling
• Easy to drill, shape and routs cleanly and easily, without splintering or chipping
• Cuts to a crisp clean smooth edge, reducing breakout
• Suitable for use with all woodworking tools
• Moisture resistant version (MR) is ideal for use in areas of high humidity