About Our MDF
We only stock British-made PRO MDF in a range of thicknesses; some are also available in handy panel sizes.
What is MDF?
MDF or Medium Density Fibreboard is a man-made wood free from natural defects. It has a smooth sanded surface and a precision finish. MDF is very versatile and suitable for a vast number of internal uses such as internal joinery, panelling, boxing in, furniture, shelving, modelling, shop fittings, and architectural mouldings. We only stock British-made PRO MDF in a range of thicknesses, and some are also available in handy panel sizes or white melamine finishes.
Manufactured from high-quality wood fibres, dry-bonded with synthetic resins then compressed at high frequency. A very versatile panel, with a wide variety of uses from general construction to furniture.
• Cost effective higher density board than standard boards
• Superior screw and fastener holding compared to standard boards
• Smooth surface and edges for improved high-quality finishing
• Ideal for paint, veneer or foils saving time for you on site
• Ideal for edge profiling so perfect to cut to size
• Easy to drill, shape and routs cleanly and easily, without splintering or chipping
• Cuts to a crisp clean smooth edge, reducing breakout
• Suitable for use with all woodworking tools
• Moisture resistant version (MR) is ideal for use in areas of high humidity
We also offer veneered MDF, which has a quality decorative veneer ideal for use in furniture, door and bespoke cabinet manufacture.
Finally, we have the most comprehensive range of white, double-primed MDF skirtings and architraves in the south, and all are available from stock for click-collect or free delivery.