About Our MDF
We only stock British made PRO MDF in a range of thicknesses, and some are also available in handy panel sizes.
MDF or Medium Density Fibreboard is a man-made wood that is free from natural defects. It has a smooth sanded surface and precision finish. MDF is very versatile and suitable for a wide number of internal uses such as internal joinery, panelling, boxing in, furniture, shelving, modelling, shop fittings, and architectural mouldings. We only stock British made PRO MDF in a range of thicknesses, and some are also available in handy panel sizes or white melamine finishes.
Manufactured from high-quality wood fibres, dry-bonded with synthetic resins then compressed at high frequency. A very versatile panel, a wide variety of uses from general construction to furniture.
• Higher density board than standard boards
• Superior screw and fastener holding compared to standard boards
• Smoother surfaces and edges for improved high-quality finishing
• Ideal for paint, veneer or foils
• Ideal for edge profiling
• Easy to drill, shape and routs cleanly and easily, without splintering or chipping
• Cuts to a crisp clean smooth edge, reducing breakout
• Suitable for use with all woodworking tools
• Moisture resistant version (MR) is ideal for use in areas of high humidity
We also offer veneered MDF, which has a quality decorative veneer ideal for use in furniture, door and bespoke cabinet manufacture.
Finallly we have the most comprehensive range of white, double primed MDF skirtings and architraves in the south, and all available from stock for click collect.