About Our PIR Insulation Boards
Supplies are limited at the present time, so we are only displaying what we can reasonably obtain, and some items may be on extended lead times compared to normal
PIR, also known as polyisocyanurate, is one of the most popular types of insulation because it comes in easy-to-install boards. Thanks to their manufacture, PIR insulation boards are easy to work with and easy to cut so PIR insulation is a favourite in the insulation industry. High thermal performance is created by blending materials together using heat, which causes gases to be released and get trapped in cells within the board. This type of insulation means heat can't pass through readily. Depending on the manufacturer and the intended use of the PIR insulation board, some are faced with foil or a mineral glass coating. Foil facings are moisture-resistant.
What are the benefits of a PIR Board?
- Easily cut with a knife or saw
- Lightweight adding no load to the structure
- Has nearly twice the thermal efficiency compared to normal insulation, therefore space saving
- Stable, strong, durable and rot proof
- Achieves Class 1 Surface Spread of Flame
- The manufacturing process complies with legislation to reduce Global Warming
- Loft conversions
- Pitched roof in between and under rafters
- The lining of timber frame and masonry walls
- Floor insulation