About Our Timber Skirting Boards
Skirting boards or baseboards are typically made of wood and designed to cover the lowest part of an interior wall. They cover the joint between the wall and floor, also adding a decorative touch to the space. Also, help protect the walls against kicks and scuffs that can be caused by moving furniture. Skirting boards can be fixed in place either by using screws or strong adhesive glue. Our range includes a wide variety of profiles, materials, and finishes to match the look you require.
We have the largest range of skirting boards in the South East, all available to collect or have delivered. The range of premium quality skirting boards comes in a wide variety of designs including, ogee, torus, rounded, chamfered and ovolo, and available in the following timbers:
- Premier Redwood Pine, sourced and machined by ourselves. Carefully selected joinery grade Redwood which is more dense and stable, ensuring crisp cuts for clean and sharp moulding profiles, and helps reduce splitting when fixing at the ends. It is machined to a super smooth finish, ready to paint or stain and the low knot content makes for easier on-site preparation and hence saves you time.
- Oak Hardwood uses the best commercial grade available, so almost entirely free of knots and defects so the timber can be polished or stained to a high-quality finish.
- Meranti/Seraya is suitable for both internal and external applications, is stable and versatile hardwood and is perfect for achieving a similar finish to real mahogany, at a fraction of the cost.
- MDF White Skirting Boards are manufactured using Moisture resistant MDF, double-primed for an improved finish, and saving time on site.
We offer a free cross-cutting service so we can cut to length any timber you require, to reduce wastage for all except MDF which is sold either in 2.1m or 4.2m lengths, but of course, we can crosscut that for you too!
What mouldings does Champion Timber offer?
We have Pine skirting that's available in a mixture of styles, our popular torus skirting board is just one of many bespoke skirting mouldings that we offer to add that perfect finishing touch to any room. Of course, for every skirting, we will also stock the matching architrave to complete the set. Now not only do we offer the standard skirting boards and architraves but we also offer:
- Door Mouldings
- Timber Window Boards and Mouldings
- Dado Rails
- Picture Rails
- Decorative Beading
- Timber Cornices
- Astragal Beading and Mouldings
- Scotia Mouldings
- Timber Quadrant Mouldings
- Dowel Rods
- D Shape Beading
- Timber Angle Beading
All of our products are available for free delivery, our standard delivery service is free if you are within our local delivery area.
Custom Timber Skirting Boards
Our machine-and-match service means that if we don’t have an exact match for your mouldings or your own design, we can custom-make the timber moulding bespoke for your needs. We can also alter any of the profiles from our stocked collection so that they perfectly match your exact requirements.
Contact a branch to start